LBtv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LBtv Meeting 2 - What happened?

2 posters

Go down

LBtv Meeting 2 - What happened? Empty LBtv Meeting 2 - What happened?

Post  Michael Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:54 am

Here is a summary of what we discussed...

Brian Wilson is going to project manage the opening video which gives a local view of Leighton Buzzard with music and people talking. I am sure Brian will be needing a camera person, editor, music arranger...maybe it is a separate meeting of separate email? If you would like to help or to find out more email Brian regent@tesco.net

Jacqueline Bak has expressed an interest to Mark about presenting and project managing the Item 4, Council News which will now be a question and answer section. Jacqueline, did you say you would like to project manage Item 3 – LBradio?

Lesley Greengrass has kindly offered to project manage the Competitions. We have already had a fantastic response from members around the table including 4 tickets to the panto, a meal for 2, art tuition (sorry if I have missed any!?) Lesley will make contact with local businesses so see what they are willing to donate! Anyone with any suggestions or assistance, please email Lesley yelsel.g@googlemail.com

Lesley is also going to investigate whether we have to have a ‘skill based’ competition i.e views having to answer a question to win the prize and whether we have to allow a certain time before we make the draw to enable everyone to enter.
Meetings – There will be a meeting on the 18th September at the Cultural Cafe, Lake Street (subject to it not being booked) once again at 19:30. Adam Fahn to confirm.

Constitution and committee – I will be sending around a draft constitution for you all to look at. It has been suggested that we need to have one in place in order to get some funding for things like equipment, insurance etc. Mark and I would be interested to know your thoughts on this. Maybe express an interest in a role on the committee?

Adam Fahn mentioned that we may be able to get £250 from the Town Council as a start up community group.

We need to look at public liability insurance to cover ourselves. I was wondering if Nigel Carnell could investigate this for us and let Mark Payne know costs etc? There may be a chance that we are covered by the insurance at the Library building?

Nigel Carnell mentioned at the start of the meeting about Arts Council funding. My memory escapes me but I don’t seem to remember us discussing this. Maybe Nigel could update us on here?

Pilot location – At the meeting we were offered the use of the Cafe to use as a location for the pilot. I love the idea of having a view of LB behind the presenters. It also gives us different areas to use (interview areas 1 & 2 and interactive presenters area. I also thought it would be nice to have invited guests watching the pilot show live.

I may have missed things we discissed, if so please update on here. Very Happy

Michael

http://www.leightgg7onbuzz.com

Back to top Go down

LBtv Meeting 2 - What happened? Empty Arts Forum Grants

Post  nigel.carnell Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Following the meeting on Friday I think that LBtv should join the Leighton-Linslade Arts Forum for a number of reasons:
1. As the body that represents the entire Arts Community a new Local TV cahnnel is a natural.
2. It will open dialogue with a wider group of people with talents in all aspects of the arts
3. The Forum is able to make grants annually of up to £400 to member organisations for projects.
4. It would provide an additional sounding board for ideas as the project goes forward
5. The Arts Forum want to create a web based diary for all Arts activity, this could be part of this site to help both organisations move forward. Lets avoid duplication if we can.
To move this on LBtv would need a constitution to join so this should be a matter of Focus if the aim is to remain a not for profit organisation.

A general comment on the meeting is that it lacked a clear structure/control and agenda as a result we got side tracked several times loosing time and I felt left the meeting without having moved as much forward as could have been done. We need to agree action points/responsibility and deadlines along with committing to a time schedule for the Pilot to ensure focus. We talked about break out groups but did not do this.

I also felt that there needs to be a clearer understanding of who the target audience is going to be to ensure that the content meets their expectations. We must avoid at all costs trying to be something for everyone and appealing to no one, I know its obvious but the pilot is critical if we are to build a following. Talking with Hannah on the way home she seemed very confused about what we were trying to achieve and who we were aiming at which made me think that we need to make a clear statement about our aims and our target audience and then check that everything we do meets those objectives, its needs to be right first time. What does everyone else think?

I will look into Public Liability insurance and am happy to work with others on agreeing a constitution.

nigel.carnell

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum