LBtv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT

3 posters

Go down

REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT Empty REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT

Post  Admin Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:46 am

Hi

We have been approached by a local business to produce a vidoe for them in exchange for some help for us.

I have arranged a meeting for next Friday at 4pm (4th at 4)

Here is what I have discussed

• You are looking to have around 15 minutes of video content demonstrating your Hot Air Massage Service for your website.
• We will discuss the structure of it with you and plan the shots that will be needed to demonstrate the equipment. It would be useful if you could have a list of the kind of things you would like to include ready for our meeting please.
• You would like the film to either have a presenter or voice over, scripted in conjunction with yourself to ensure it is accurate and correct
• We will visit you to film the equipment demonstration
• We will then edit the video either into a 15minute film, or a package of smaller clips totalling 15 minutes and give you the file in a format suitable for you to upload onto your website.

Is there someone who would like to be the producer for this piece ? agreeeing the shots with the customer, agreeing the script and then directing a technical crew on filming at a follow up session ?

If so please let me know and we will see you on the 4th.

Mark

Admin
Admin

https://lbtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT Empty Re: REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT

Post  LeeABTV Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Just quickly
1. You said they're doing something for us. What's that then?
2. I'm a little confused here. It sounds like they want their own promotional video and at 15 minutes it's clearly way too long to go in the actual show (as we were told the show would be around 30 minutes). Even in a film making aspect, 15 minutes for an advert is huge. Where is this video going? On their site? If so then we're effectively just being used to make people commercials.

LeeABTV

Back to top Go down

REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT Empty Re: REQUEST FOR HELP - A REAL LIFE ASSIGNMENT

Post  Admin Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi,

So far the whole thing is at idea stage - hence the meeting on Friday.
In principle they are looking for a set of demonstration videos of their services, either one long film or a set of short clips to go on their site. Maybe Barry Scott Infomercial style - I dont know, thats why I'm appealing for production help before I end up sugestiing something a bit crazy.

They appreciate we are starting up, and will expect to have a conversation about what they can do to help, in exchange for us doing this for them. Obviously until we scope one end of the deal its hard to set the other.

Are we being used to make other peoples commercials ? Yes and No. We can use the film, or a section if we want to, but I think the benefits are clear too -

The opportunity to raise our profile
The opportunity to get equipment / services paid for
The opportunity to get started on something tangible
The opportunity to start giving people a chance to get involved.

It would be great if we can have a small team working on this ???

Admin
Admin

https://lbtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeABTV Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:32 pm

So basically we haven't been told, clean cut, what we're getting out of this?

I only ask because obviously to edit something well it takes time. And I'm sure people share my sentiments in the idea that we don't want to waste time on something that isn't even going in LBTV. It just seems like "oh well we're a collection of people who know their stuff so it's ok for us to just edit other peoples stuff like we're a rentable service or something".

No offence but I just think we need to drive the hard bargain.
To raise our profile? This won't have people watching us.
To get started and to get involved? I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want to waste my time on something that straight up doesn't benefit LBTV.

If we did get equipment then great. But I'd rather know now that spend 2 weeks editing only for them to say "oh, er, we can't really do anything for ya' there".

LeeABTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I think this is one to discuss at the next meeting.

Michael

http://www.leightgg7onbuzz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum